The Ladysmith Festival of Lights held their 31st Annual General Meeting on Thursday January 17th, 2019, at the Festival of Lights building.
The election of new executive was held and the following members were elected:
- President: Alex Cook
- Vice President: Greg Edwards
- Secretary: Elaine MacDonald
- Treasurer: Tammy Leslie
- Linda Edwards
- Dianna Fisher
- Gerda Francis
- Robin Francis
- Jim Hall
- Bill McLaren
- Jean Watt
Congratulations to Paul Haggerty!
Winner of $1,250 at Light-Up on Thursday, November 29th.
The following items have been turned in to the Festival Office from 2018 Light-Up evening:
- 1 pair – black knit gloves
- 1 ladies wool shawl – white with black & grey stripe pattern
Please call Dianne at the Festival office on 250-245-5888.
The cost to replace bulbs with new LED ones is very high so we ask for donations to help offset the costs.
If you can spare a few bucks via our GoFundMe page.
On Thursday, November 28th, 2019, it’s the 32nd Ladysmith Light Up, kicking off the 6-week Festival of Lights.
First Avenue will be CLOSED TO TRAFFIC from 3:00 pm until after Light Up.
WE ALSO ASK THAT PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT BRING PETS DOWNTOWN FOR LIGHT UP (Ladysmith by-law 1554 Sect, 14(a)).
Here is the schedule for 2018 so you can plan 2019:
- 3:00 pm: Community Spaghetti Dinner @ Eagles Hall (adults are $8; children under 8 are $5)
- 3:00 pm: Christmas Craft Fair at Aggie Hall (north end of First Avenue)
- 4:00 pm: Street entertainment and food concessions
- 4:00 pm to 6:15 pm: Entertainment on stage in downtown Ladysmith and in front of Aggie Hall
- 6:30 pm: Santa arrives downtown to Light-Up Ladysmith!
- 6:45 pm: Kinsmen Parade along First Avenue to Aggie Hall
After the Parade, at Aggie Hall…
- Bob Stuart Park and Aggie Hall light up
- Chuck Perrin Christmas Tree presented by the Nanaimo Airport Commission
- Spectacular fireworks presented by the Ladysmith & District Credit Union