Festival of Lights has officially kicked off its Adopt a Tree program.
The ADOPT A TREE is designed to enable us to change from expensive energy consuming incandescent bulbs to longer lasting, entry saving LED’s!! To help make this program a success, as well as to keep Ladysmith on the energy saving map, we have initiated a program where businesses, organizations, families or individuals can sponsor a tree for a one time donation.
Inquiries are to be directed to Greg Edwards on 250-616-1748 or Duck Paterson on 250-246-0637.
How Much Does it Cost?
A tree that has 4 strings of lights x $100 per string for a 5-year period = $400 in total, which actually works out to a cost of $20 per string per year for your sponsorship.
- Festival will purchase, on behalf of the Adopter, a sign stating their business or individual names, to be placed with the tree they choose, during Light-Up, each year for the 5-year block
- You can choose the tree you desire along First Avenue although some have been spoken for at this point (the program is a first come/first serve basis)
- The earlier you make your request, the better able we are to accommodate you as the bulbs have to be ordered and we want to beat the festive rush
- Festival does have a coordinated colour scheme in effect which allows for consistency of patterns
- The LED bulbs are new generation and very bright so as not to diminish our show
- This initiative will save tax payers dollars as the cost to operate each bulb is much less than the current incandescent bulbs
On behalf of the Festival we appreciate your support and hope this new community initiative meets with not only your approval but also your participation.