On Thursday, November 28th, 2019, it’s the 32nd Ladysmith Light Up, kicking off the 6-week Festival of Lights.
First Avenue will be CLOSED TO TRAFFIC from 3:00 pm until after Light Up.
WE ALSO ASK THAT PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT BRING PETS DOWNTOWN FOR LIGHT UP (Ladysmith by-law 1554 Sect, 14(a)).
Here is the schedule for 2018 so you can plan 2019:
- 3:00 pm: Community Spaghetti Dinner @ Eagles Hall (adults are $8; children under 8 are $5)
- 3:00 pm: Christmas Craft Fair at Aggie Hall (north end of First Avenue)
- 4:00 pm: Street entertainment and food concessions
- 4:00 pm to 6:15 pm: Entertainment on stage in downtown Ladysmith and in front of Aggie Hall
- 6:30 pm: Santa arrives downtown to Light-Up Ladysmith!
- 6:45 pm: Kinsmen Parade along First Avenue to Aggie Hall
After the Parade, at Aggie Hall…
- Bob Stuart Park and Aggie Hall light up
- Chuck Perrin Christmas Tree presented by the Nanaimo Airport Commission
- Spectacular fireworks presented by the Ladysmith & District Credit Union