The Microtel Inn & Suites at Oyster Bay, just 2 minutes north of Ladysmith, is offering and exclusive special rate for visitors who wish to stay over for the Ladysmith Festival of Lights’ amazing Light Up Night on Thursday, November 29th, 2018.
This special rate is for one night only and is $109.00 plus tax. The special rate will require guests to actually call into the hotel at 250-912-9000 to get it as it’s not online.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oyster Bay
12570 Trans-Canada Highway
Ladysmith Festival of Lights presents the 12th Annual Christmas Craft Fair
The streets around Aggie Hall will be closed to traffic from 2:30 p.m. until well after the fireworks.
All tables have been sold. Let us know if you would like to be put on a wait list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-802-4694.
This year’s Festival of Lights Craft and Artisan Fair will be held at Aggie Hall, 1110 First Avenue, Ladysmith, on the day of our “Light Up”, November 29th, 2018.
- Setup: 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Event: 3 p.m. to about 9 p.m.
We now have over 35 tables of handmade arts and crafts, some food items, knitted and crocheted items, and much more!
The table set up will be similar to that of the 2017 Craft Fair. If you have specific requests as to the table(s) you want, please indicate this on your form. We will attempt to honour your request, but cannot promise to do so. We reserve the right to deny a table to any vendor who we deem to not fit the guidelines and spirit of our craft fair.
Please note that if you send a post-dated cheque, the application will not be processed until your cheque has been cashed. Please send your completed forms (with cheque) to:
Ladysmith Festival of Lights Craft and Artisan Fair
PO Box 98
Ladysmith, B.C. V9G 1A1
We are attempting to have some parking reserved for crafters, particularly for those who need handicap parking.
Entries will be limited this year… there is a time frame for the parade so organizers will have to limit the number of entries. Entries that are strictly commercial will not be permitted this year.
Download the entry form and rules:
In the interest of public safety, for spectators and participants, the following are the RULES that all entries must agree to and cooperate with before, during and after the parade.
- All entrants MUST agree to follow the rules and directions from all the Kinsmen parade personnel, police and Traffic Control personal.
- All entrants MUST stay within the 20 SECOND SPACE, between floats, that is allowed by the Traffic Controllers, at the start of the parade.
- All entrants MUST stop at Bob Stuart Park (where instructed to) and NOT BEFORE and off load ALL riders from their floats.
- NO ENTRANTS, whether riding or walking, may throw, handout, or in any way distribute any items while in the parade line up or along the parade route.
- All entrants MUST have at least one adult walker on either side of their float to help keep the crowd back.
- All entrants must have lots of festive decoration and lighting in the spirit of the evening.
- Please NO live Santa Claus characters allowed.
Ladysmith Festival of Lights flashing pins with logo are now available and can be purchased for $5 at the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce, 33 Roberts Street , Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
It’s that time again, when we prepare Ladysmith for the Festival of Lights by hanging, tying, carrying, plugging the lights in.
On Sunday, November 4th, we meet at 9:00 a.m. at the 49th Parallel parking lot. We rely on volunteers so the more, the merrier!